[Koha] Do you have a need for sub-branches within Koha?

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Sep 23 21:45:35 NZST 2004

On 2004-09-23 07:39:28 +0100 Rachel Hamilton-Williams
<rachel at katipo.co.nz> wrote:

> I was wondering wether there are other libraries, particularly
> corporate or
> specialty libraries who have a need (or could see one :-) for sub
> branches.
[...]
> On the other hand I'd imagine that the libraies who would use this
> wouldn't
> do that much issuing and returning?

Yes, I think libraries with locations/branches and offices/subbranches
are more likely to transfer books between subbranches often, instead
of actually issue them. This is a case which someone discussed with me
in the past, but koha isn't really ready for in 2.0.

  Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
LinuxExpo.org.uk village 6+7 Oct http://www.affs.org.uk