[Koha] Do you have a need for sub-branches within Koha?

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Thu Sep 23 18:39:28 NZST 2004

Hi

I was wondering wether there are other libraries, particularly corporate
or specialty libraries who have a need (or could see one :-) for sub
branches.

The context for this is a Branch which is the office building in a city
- eg Wellington

And then a sub branch which is the third floor.

This would be quite a lot of stuff to "touch" in Koha - specifically it
would involve changing circulation and I think adds a layer of
complexity perhaps to issuing and returning items.

On the other hand I'd imagine that the libraies who would use this
wouldn't do that much issuing and returning?

SO thoughts pleasa?  Is it a useful idea?  Does anyone do it already?

Cheers
Rachel

Rachel Hamilton-Williams                Katipo Communications
MANAGING DIRECTOR                       Ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz              PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz                 New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org