[Koha] What the use of websites table in Koha 2.0?

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at icbic.com
Mon Aug 16 16:47:16 NZST 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 05:45, Rachel Hamilton-Williams wrote:
<snipped>

> We are both adding a website as a link to a catalogued item (book), and
> cataloguing URL's as separate items.
>
> For a particular "book" there can be more than one website link, and we had
> supplimentry information as well, like the words that should form the link - ie
>
> http://www.katipo.co.nz = URL
> Katipo Website = Link Words
>
> And we had a note/description so that you could say.....

> Visit this site to check the latest news and Koha installs.

Ok! this sounds v interesting, as because we are using Koha not just to
setup an F/L/OSS-based ILS/OPAC, but rather as a starting point for our
Digital Library.

In fact, we expect our electronic subscriptions (to journals and
scientific publications) and other digital content which we are
developing in-house at the University to become an imp part of the
Library.

I'm still finding my feet around Koha, so I will bug u once again. How
to link this table to the Koha Interface or is the linkage already
present and its just me who needs a clue? :-P

TIA
--indra.

Indranil Das Gupta, Project Lead, CASTLE Project
[Computer Aided Studies, Teaching and Learning Environment]
West Bengal University of Technology
Calcutta, INDIA
www.wbut.net