[Koha] questions on spine labels, permissions, & virtual shelves: re DVDs

Baljkas Family baljkas at mts.net
Fri Aug 13 10:46:12 NZST 2004

Thursday, August 12, 2004     17:39 CDT

Hi, Nicole,

Tackling the one question I think I can answer from your list --

> From: "Nicole Hatch" <N.Hatch at ecla.de>
> Date: 2004/08/12 Thu AM 07:25:39 CDT
> To: <koha at lists.katipo.co.nz>
> Subject: [Koha] questions on spine labels, permissions, & virtual shelves
>
> [snip]

> 3) Is there a way to do a keyword search for "DVDs" that
> would bring up a listing of every DVD in our collection?
> This would be a really neat feature.

I am sure there is a more elegant way to do it in programming, but couldn't you just define DVD as one of the item types?

In terms of a MARC solution, you could code a 655 tag as follows -
     655 # # $aDVD.
- or place the same information into a subject tag that is already indexed for searching (I am not certain which column in the Koha tables that would be).

Hope this helps a bit. I am sure others will get back to you on your more complex questions.

Cheers,
Steven F. Baljkas
library tech at large
Koha neophyte