[Koha] z39.50 searches (newbie question)

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Aug 9 21:35:34 NZST 2004

On 2004-08-09 08:48:12 +0100 David Williams
<dwilliams at computerpark.co.uk> wrote:

> Please forgive such a basic question, but am I right in thinking that
> the
> z39.50
> tool will retrieve biblio data when searching on a bar code/isbn?

If everything is configured and you have a following wind.

> [...] this is really embarrassing, I can't seem to locate the z39.50
> search dialog within Koha! I've set up a couple of servers in the
> parameters
> section, but can't remember in which section the search tool is (I
> have
> installed Koha with all required modules). Sorry for being sooo lame.

Is this really a question? http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html#want

The z39.50 search is often accessed from the bibliography data entry
page, during an acquisition, after entering an ISBN or other
distinguishing info. I think it's a link at the right-hand end of the
"bibliography form navigation bar" in the standard template.

Please email about: BT alternative for line rental+DSL;
Education on SMEs+EU FP6; office filing that works fast