[Koha] MARC Import

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Jul 9 23:58:00 NZST 2004

On 2004-07-09 11:02:45 +0100 Hans Henderson <hans at shrewsbury.ac.th>
wrote:

>> Extra info: Cost-free but not free software.
> MJ - Not sure of the distinction. Do you just mean it's not "truly
> free", as
> in open-source?

Personally, I speak of free software in the style of
http://www.fsfeurope.org/documents/freesoftware.en.html rather than
the vague term http://mjr.towers.org.uk/writing/ambigopen.html used by
people who promote software patenting in the EU. It's important to
emphasise the freedom to create, especially when it's threatened by
things like the "Free Trade Agreement" between the US and Australia.

I'm glad to hear that program works for you, though. Maybe someone
could ask them to free the software, as it doesn't look like they make
money from it.

"Before we try to work out if he's competent,
  let's work out if he's conscious." (anon. exam marker)