[Koha] mysql to postgresql

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Thu Jul 8 00:23:57 NZST 2004

Mandi! MJ Ray
  In chel di` si favelave...

> >So, it is needed to change the schema, because there's no way to create
> >a field name ``user'' or ``desc'' in postgres, for example...
> Sorry, I think that's wrong:

Ok, it's true, you can quote the reserved word, but you have to quote
also on every sql statement, so you have to alter also all the program.
For me it's cleaner to simply rename the field name... altering all the
code to put \"user\", or use userid instead of user it's rather the same.
;)

[or you are saying me that koha have just all the sql statement
correctly escaped/quote-protected, and it is only a matter to alter the
schema?]

PS: ok, memory came back, the non standard sql instruction that koha
(1.2.X) used was REPLACE INTO. ;)

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

    ... votantoniovotantoniovotantoniovotantoniovotantoniovotantonio ...
	     resistenza arcobaleno contro la politica grigia

		    http://www.peacelink.it/votantonio