[Koha] mysql to postgresql

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Jul 8 00:03:34 NZST 2004

On 2004-07-07 10:29:14 +0100 Marco Gaiarin <gaio at sv.lnf.it> wrote:

> So, it is needed to change the schema, because there's no way to
> create
> a field name ``user'' or ``desc'' in postgres, for example...

Sorry, I think that's wrong:

test=> create table "gaiotest" ( "user" varchar );
CREATE TABLE
test=>

You just have to quote it like good SQL. Some of the bad quoting in
the current schema (produced by mysql's tools, no less!) have caused
problems with some mysql versions, so it should be fixed anyway, else
we'll be chasing these bugs forever.

"To be English is not to be baneful / To be standing by
the flag not feeling shameful / Racist or partial..."
                                             (Morrissey)