[Koha] Periodical items - magazines.

Silva, Ernesto - Webmaster silva at ort.edu.uy
Fri Jun 4 10:49:37 NZST 2004

Hi,

	As I'm evaluating Koha and contacted some libraries that are already
using it they told me that Koha version 1.4 didn't have the chance to
manage magazines.

	I'm not a librarian but apparently every magazine publication has to be
added to the database as a new (kind of) biblio and must have a
reference to the master record of the magazine.

	Even worse they told me that they usually make an special procedure to
add some "important" articles as a new (kind of) biblio with a reference
to the specific monthly (to say something) magazine issue.

	Are this things "doable" with Koha version 2.0 ??

Regards,
--
Ernesto Silva  -  Webmaster  -  Universidad ORT Uruguay
Cuareim 1451.

Email: silva at ort.edu.uy

"Men and nations will act rationally
  when all other possibilities have been exhausted."

     Katz law.