[Koha] Translation problems

Christian Hennecke christian.hennecke at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon May 17 21:39:34 NZST 2004

Folks,

apparently the HTML templates are NOT the only things that have to be
translated, as I was told initially. There are also the files
koha/updater/updatedatabase,
koha/misc/marc_datas/marc21_en/structure_def.sql, and
koha/misc/lang-datas/en/stopwords.sql. These should definitely go into a
todo list for translators.

Are there any things to consider when translating the MARC file
structure_def.sql to German e.g., regarding special characters like umlauts?

The file "updatedatabase" has strings with e.g., descriptions of system
parameters scattered all over the file. It would be nice if the
developers could make it more translator-friendly by e.g., reading the
strings from a "message file" so translators don't have to scan all the
Perl code.

Are there any suggestions on what words to include in a German stopwords
list? (I know I should ask that on the German Koha list, but it seems to
be dead.)

Is there anything else to translate that nobody has told me about yet?
The job that allows me to work on the translation of Koha will be ending
mid of July and another person's job depends on whether a German Koha is
ready-to-use at that point...

Christian Hennecke