[Koha] LC number : solution in 2.2

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Apr 28 08:36:58 NZST 2004

Hi everybody,

Here is the solution I propose for LC and any other callnumber :
* a field has already been added in items table. It's called itemcallnumber.
* this field will be "connected" to : biblio dewey OR LoC number OR
manual & local classification. if connected to dewey or LoC, it will
automatically be filled.

So every library can have it's own callnumber system.

Sounds this good ?

For 2.0 I've no other suggestion than the workaround suggested here. The
dmoses one being the best, imho.

NOTE : why put the callnumber in items & not in biblio you may ask ?
it's because some libraries may have 2 differents callnumbers for 2
items of the same biblio. Sounds silly (& quite old), but exists. And
you can't ask a 100 000 items library to reorganize it's shelves ;-)

--
Paul POULAIN