unoffical Koha documents (was [Koha] Any Indian users?)

Nicholas S. Rosasco nsr at etome.net
Mon Apr 5 12:13:28 NZST 2004

Steve -
Consider a repository underway.
Thanks for the link.

I routinely ask for copies/links of stuff when people announce they've
accomplished something.  Rarely do I get a third email.  Sigh.  Now that 2.0
is officially out and stable, it seems a reasonable point to restart the
documentation effort.  It is always fun to see new things featurewise or
interfacewise happen...right after you sit down to work on a new edition! -
seriously, however, it is (I know, I know, you've all heard this before from
me) going to happen this time if only b/c the old docs are simply wrong for
things in 2.

As usual, those interested in volunteering (I hope the HLT brigade is still
up for a little proofing, and Regula - still interested in helping?).

Still needed:  installed copies of stock Koha-2 with the default theme
turned on (I had someone offer, but they I suppose are still checking with
their management).  Preferably a preproduction test bed that someone is
willing to let outsiders have librarian-level access to.... We used
screenshots heavily last time, and I predict the same this time.

For this round Migration, Installation, and Librarian-User will be divvied
up, in a break from last time's giganto-manual.
In the interests of speed, Migration will probably be some sort of scrapbook
thing to leverage Steve et al's work.

Nick
Overstressed, slightly fed up Koha Docguru