[Koha] Z39.50client won't give up searching

Nigel Titley nigel at titley.com
Wed Jan 7 12:29:33 NZDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 12:18, MJ Ray wrote:
> On 2004-01-05 20:44:11 +0000 Nigel Titley <nigel at titley.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm very happy with the daemon approach and I'd be very unhappy with
> > having to wait for a response for each query individually.
>
> Do you not encounter the "requesting forever" problem? Wouldn't having
> each request in its own browser tab be as easy, or easier?

I don't seem to get the "requesting forever" problem. All my searches
eventually terminate, although it may be many minutes. This could be
because over time I have selected only those sources which are fast and
reliable. I wouldn't want to have to kick off several searches
individually.

> > I do find that if I haven't had a result back in 2 minutes or so from
> > particular query, then it is unlikely that I'm going to get an answer
> > back at all.
>
> Interesting. Do others find this too?

Again, it may be due to selection of fast reliable sources.
--
Nigel Titley <nigel at titley.com>