[Koha] Re: [Koha-devel] Documentation correction

Oren Maurer meorero at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 10:32:16 NZDT 2004

Following your advice, I’ve installed Perl's extended
module libraries.
But as for the “must add” libmysqlclient-dev there
seems to be two options.
Here is what I get:

       =================================
       mydeb:~# apt-get install libmysqlclient-dev
        Reading Package Lists... Done
              Building Dependency Tree... Done
              Package libmysqlclient-dev is a virtual
package provided by:
                 libmysqlclient12-dev 4.0.22-6
                 libmysqlclient10-dev 3.23.56-2
       You should explicitly select one to install.
        E: Package libmysqlclient-dev has no
installation candidate
       mydeb:~#
       =================================

I assume that it depends on the MySQL version:

  libmysqlclient12-dev --> for MySQL 4.0.22-6
  libmysqlclient10-dev --> for MySQL  3.23.56-2

Oren Maurer

 --- Gerry Arthus <garthus at lilrc.org> wrote:
> If this can be added to the documentation it may
> save some work, I have
> decided to use Debian for My Koha ionstallation, to
> many problems with
> redhaT.
>
> Gerry
>

>     Installing Koha 2.0RC4 On Debian GNU/Linux 3.0
> "stable" (woody)
>

>       Joshua Ferraro
>
> Several of Perl's extended module libraries are
> available via the Debian
> packaging system. We can install those using the
> *apt-get* utility as
> follows:
>
>      koha:/# apt-get install libdbi-perl
>      koha:/# apt-get install libdbd-mysql-perl
>      koha:/# apt-get install libdate-manip-perl
>      koha:/# apt-get install libhtml-template-perl
>      koha:/# apt-get install libmail-sendmail-perl
>

>           /Must add/
>

>           / koha:/# apt-get install
> libmysqlclient-dev/
>

>           /
>           Without the development libraries there is
> a problem
>           installing the NET::LDAP module, it cannot
> find the
>           mysql_config file/
>

> Now of course the real question is how to install
> Debian for the
> inexperienced. Since I have given up on the Redhat
> kernal and decided to
> go full open source with Debian I noticed that one
> can install Knoppix
> running from the CDROM and then do a harddrive
> install which give three
> choices one of which is Debian installation, this
> solves the
> configuration problems often associated with drivers
> and installing
> Debian the usual way. I will refine this document
> with my installation
> experiences and see about posting at the docs site.
>
> Gerry
>
> Gerry Arthus
>
> Systems Administrator:
>
> Long Island Library Resources Council
>
> SUNY at Stony Brook
>
> Stony Brook, New York
>
> US          11794-3399
>
> Phone: 1-631-632-6652
>
> FAX: 631-632-6662
>
> Home: 631-289-7565
>
> Email: garthus at lilrc.org
>

> Professor:
>
> Departments of:
>
> Graduate Computer Engineering, Earth and
> Environmental Science, and
> Engineering Management
>
> C.W. Post Campus of Long Island University
>
> 720 Northern Boulevard
>
> Brookville, New York
>
> US 11548-1300
>
> Phone: 516-299-2293

=====

          Oren Maurer
          http://www.meorero.org.il
# Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.     |
# See: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html |