[Koha] Web Hosting a Koha Site

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Wed Dec 10 23:03:18 NZDT 2003

Subj:   Re: [Koha] Web Hosting a Koha Site
Date:   12/10/2003 3:01:54 AM US Mountain Standard Time
From:   <A HREF="mailto:COURYHOUSE">COURYHOUSE</A>
To: <A HREF="mailto:kdemanawa at hotmail.com">kdemanawa at hotmail.com</A>

One would think this could be done... I have seen phpmylibrary running on a
remote host in this manner.  The phpmylibrary seemed to really scream running
on a  4gig processor on  this remote host.  There are hosts out there that are
very reasonable ... like 9 dollars a month  with one gig of storage. and 50
gig of bandwidth that even rolls over if  you don't use it all one month....(
indeed  a great deal)

If it does not function this way currently it would be something to implement
in the NEAR future or earlier.

(After ya'all can make it finally print out in LC number instead of doing
DEWEY! Nag nag nag  how is that feature coming?)

Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC

> Subj:Re: [Koha] Web Hosting a Koha Site
> Date:12/10/2003 12:21:13 AM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:kdemanawa at hotmail.com">kdemanawa at hotmail.com</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:koha at purity.com.ph">koha at purity.com.ph</A>, <A HREF="mailto:koha at lists.katipo.co.nz">koha at lists.katipo.co.nz</A>
> Sent from the Internet

Hello William.

Thank you for the reply. Getting my own server and have it co-located
somewhere is too espensive. Ive seen local web hosting companies that are
perl, mysql friendly with cPanel interface to configure your site/domain.
Koha I believe, can be also be installed manually. The problem is how to
confine it in a base_folder where you can stuff all the koha_files including
the confs. Somehow, maybe koha code can be tweaked to work this way. If
someone in this mailing list has done this already and is willing to share
his/her exprerience, will be much appreciated.

TIA.

Kenneth
----------------------------------
"if you build it, they will come"
Field of Dreams

> Subj:Re: [Koha] Web Hosting a Koha Site
> Date:12/10/2003 12:21:13 AM US Mountain Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:kdemanawa at hotmail.com">kdemanawa at hotmail.com</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:koha at purity.com.ph">koha at purity.com.ph</A>, <A HREF="mailto:koha at lists.katipo.co.nz">koha at lists.katipo.co.nz</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> Hello William.
>
> Thank you for the reply. Getting my own server and have it co-located
> somewhere is too espensive. Ive seen local web hosting companies that are
> perl, mysql friendly with cPanel interface to configure your site/domain.
> Koha I believe, can be also be installed manually. The problem is how to
> confine it in a base_folder where you can stuff all the koha_files including
>
> the confs. Somehow, maybe koha code can be tweaked to work this way. If
> someone in this mailing list has done this already and is willing to share
> his/her exprerience, will be much appreciated.
>
> TIA.
>
> Kenneth
> ----------------------------------
> "if you build it, they will come"
> Field of Dreams

Thanks Ed Sharpe, Archivist for SMECC

See the Museum's Web Site at

www.smecc.org

We are always looking for items to add to the museum's display and ref.
library
please advise if you have anything we can use.

mail:

Coury House / SMECC
5802 W. Palmaire Ave.
Glendale Az 85301  USA

623-435-1522

CONFIDENZIALE: Questo messaggio e gli eventuali allegati sono confidenziali
e riservati. Se vi è stato recapitato per errore e non siete fra i
destinatari elencati, siete pregati di darne immediatamente avviso al
mittente. Le informazioni contenute non devono essere mostrate ad altri, né
utilizzate, memorizzate o copiate in qualsiasi forma.

CONFIDENTIAL: This  e-mail  and  any attachments are confidential and may
contain reserved information. If  you are not one of the named recipients,
please notify the sender immediately. Moreover, you should not disclose the
contents to any other persons, nor should the information contained be used
for any purpose or stored or copied in any form.