[Koha] problems upgrading to pre5 / z3950

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Nov 20 13:22:58 NZDT 2003

On 2003-11-19 02:01:30 +0000 "Dwiggins, David"
<DDWIGGIN at nashvill.gannett.com> wrote:

> could not find : /usr/local/koha/opac/htdocs/includes/cat-top.inc at
> /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Output.pm line 368.

This is bug 600, to be fixed Real Soon Now.

> When I click on "Circulation," I get:

This is a small template bug, already fixed in the development code.

> And when I search for a book and then click on the title, I get this:

I can't remember this one. I'll see if I can reproduce it.

> I then tried hitting the "create empty biblio" link, and then clicking
> on the z3950 search link that appears on this page. At this point, I
> get
> the following repeated each time the page refreshes.

I think this may be due to the z3950 servers not being correctly
configured by default in pre5. Look in the system parameters screen
and make sure it's set to ask for USMARC from LoC. Does it help?

> I am using simple acquisition, and in the new install I still don't
> have
> a way to do a z3950 search.

I think you do have the way, but it doesn't work. That difference is
what confused me.

> I'd prefer to get upgraded to 2.0.

I think the release manager has said that we won't see the next
release, with these bugfixes, before Friday.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef at jabber.at