[Koha] Low-end Koha: after the hardware

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Thu Sep 25 13:47:54 NZST 2003

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 01:45:16PM +1200, Rich Churcher said:
> So I've cobbled together a server for my primary school library
> project.  It's an AMD Athlon 700 MHz chip on an Asus motherboard, 20 GB
> Seagate HDD, a 10/100 card, 128 MB SD-RAM (which I'll double before
> hooking it up to the network) all wrapped up in a cheap Koala ATX case.
> Some donated, some bought new.

That should run nicely.

> I'm almost done with installing Linux (doing the Kernel compile as I
> write this.  So the next stage is upon me: getting the library data out
> of Catalist and into Koha.
>
> My first question is, what's the best way to export the Catalist
> database?  Bear in mind I'm not a librarian (I grok a fair bit of
> database-speak though).  I'm assuming this involves MARC in some way,
> but I'm going to need some details on how to proceed.

Ill let Olwen answer here, she did the export of data from Catalist for HLT.
So im sure she can give you a good answer

Chris

027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz