[Koha] Re: opac-user.pl

Owen Leonard oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Thu Sep 18 07:30:20 NZST 2003

> renewstatus returns a true value iff the item may
> be renewed.

My question is about how two different templates handle it.  The default
template uses this check

<TMPL_IF NAME="status">Yes [can be renewed]
  <TMPL_ELSE>No [cannot be renewed]
</TMPL_IF>

The vanilla template uses this:

<TMPL_IF NAME="renewable">
<A HREF='/cgi-bin/koha/opac-renew.pl?from=opac_user&item=<TMPL_VAR
NAME="itemnumber">&bornum=<TMPL_VAR NAME="borrowernumber">'
class="padded">Renew</A>
<TMPL_ELSE>
Not renewable
</TMPL_IF>

It looks like the 'renewable' variable isn't getting set.  I used that snippet
of code because it wasn't clear from the default template what information was
being displayed (Current Loan: Yes, Current Loan: No... what does that mean? I
guess it means Renewable: Yes or Renewable: No.)

So I guess it's a bug in the vanilla template, and one that I'm not going to
worry about.

  -- Owen