Fw: [Koha] Install - Error or Not??

Martín Longo jmlongo at uncu.edu.ar
Sat Sep 6 06:48:14 NZST 2003

> > > I'm working on putting together detailed installation procedures for
> Koha
> > > 2.0.0pre2 and got a couple error message at the end of the install and
> > > wondered if this is something that is really an error, or if it is
> > nothing
> > > to worry about.
> > >
> > > The first error message come during the Apache Configuration:
> > >
> > >    UPDATING APACHE CONFIGURATION
> > >
> > >    Checking for modules that need to be loaded...
> > >    grep: /etc/koha-httpd.conf: No such file or directory
> >

> >    ___________________________________________________________________
> >    <Martín's comment> I got this one too when installing.... and when
> >    finished, I had to edit my
> >    httpd.conf  by hand, to add the <VirtualHost> section
> >
> >    ___________________________________________________________________
> >    <William's comment> I did not get this error.  Could it be that the
> file
> >    was not created,
> >    perhaps due to write permissions of the /etc directory?  Have you
tried
> >    installing it as root?
> >    ___________________________________________________________________
> >
> > I did the installation as 'root', so there shouldn't be a permission
issue
> > with the /etc directory.

 Me too!

> > This is an installation on Redhat 9.0...  could there be a directory
> issue?

 My installation was on a Debian (Woody) ... same question...  :)

> > I'd really like to find a method of having the koha-httpd.conf and
> > httpd.conf updated automatically by the installer.pl process  (call me
> > lazy)....

 One of our goals, over here, is to have a 'one click' installation
 process...  some process that
 installs not only KOHA, but all the perl modules that are required too...
 (laaaaazy  :P )

> > Is it possible that I am not pointing to the correct directory somewhere
> in
> > the install process????

 Maybe... but I installed KOHA 1.9.2 on a RedHat 9 some time ago and that
error never showed up...  at first I thougt it was a Koha-Debian thing...
but it seems
 it's not...

 maybe you can try installing 1.9.2... to see what happens

> > -Greg

 Martin