[Koha] Install - Error or Not??

Greg Lambert/Amigos lambert at amigos.org
Fri Sep 5 10:06:38 NZST 2003

I'm working on putting together detailed installation procedures for Koha
2.0.0pre2 and got a couple error message at the end of the install and
wondered if this is something that is really an error, or if it is nothing
to worry about.

The first error message come during the Apache Configuration:

   UPDATING APACHE CONFIGURATION

   Checking for modules that need to be loaded...
   grep: /etc/koha-httpd.conf: No such file or directory

The  second error message was at the very end of installation:

   Unsuccessful stat on filename containing newline at Install.pm line
   1820, <STDIN> line 27.
   Unsuccessful stat on filename containing newline at Install.pm line
   1820, <STDIN> line 27.

It appears twice in a row.

Looking at the Install.pm file (line 1820), this line is part of a
subroutine:

   sub restoremycnf     {
            if (-e $mycnf)    {
                  unlink($mycnf);
                        }
            if (-e $mytmpcnf) {  //  this is line 1820
                  rename $mytmpcnf,$mycnf;
                        }
                  }

My gut reaction is that it is nothing to worry about.  I have worked on the
installation a few times to detail the process, and noticed that there are
about a dozen tmp files in the install directory with filenames like
"my.cnf.koha.TC30u7"  etc....

Therefore, I'm hoping that the multiple installing processes are causing
the error message.

Any reason to think otherwise???

Thanks!

-Greg