[Koha] Multiple KOHA - One Server - smecc viewpoint

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Thu Aug 28 10:45:08 NZST 2003

Subj:   Re: [Koha] Multiple KOHA - One Server
Date:   8/27/2003 3:43:43 PM US Mountain Standard Time
From:   <A HREF="mailto:COURYHOUSE">COURYHOUSE</A>
To: <A HREF="mailto:chris at katipo.co.nz">chris at katipo.co.nz</A>

Just a  thought, running on three separate servers also spreads the work
across three processors  thus if one  server goes down only one library goes down
not all three.  With the cheap prices of  equipment especially if  you get 3
used 1.2 gig processor boxes used and 15 inch monitors we give away  just to
rid our selves of them.... It almost makes sense ... of  course there is always
the space issue!
Three boxes  takes up more room than three!

Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC