[Koha] Import from MS Access DB

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Aug 13 21:31:00 NZST 2003

Max Stam wrote:

>We are using a simple Access db for our aquistions at the moment but intend to use koha.
>What is the way to set up the data so that we can import it to koha?
>At present, the fields are:
>AccessionID
>DateAquired
>Author
>Title
>Publisher
>ISBN
>PublicationDate
>Cost
>PurchaseSource
>Department
>There are about 6000 books entered.
>Any comments/help/suggestions welcome.
>Please keep in mind I'm an IT guy not a Librarian.
>Thanks

The best solution is to transform your datas into an iso2709 file, then
import them into Koha with bulkmarcimport.
I *MAY* provide such a tool in the future (2-3 months) (i'm waiting for
a customer decision : he want's me to help him migrating his DB, that is
CSV exportable. If I do the job, scripts will be GPL as for anything I
do :-) )

--
Paul POULAIN