[Koha] Installing Koha 2 on Mandrake 9.1

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Aug 13 20:25:29 NZST 2003

Robert Maynord wrote:

> Dear Koha Folks:
>
> Our school library has been using Koha for a year now.  Recently, the
> Z3950 tool stopped working, and I decided it was time to begin looking
> at Koha version 2.  On a different machine, I successfully  installed
> Koha 2, but am having trouble getting it to run.  When I connect to
> koha in the web browser (Mozilla), it quickly displays the "Welcome to
> Koha" message, but then says "The requested URL
> /cgi-bin/opac/opac-main.pl was not found on this server."  I have
> played with httpd.conf and with the Koha index.html file, changing
> ScriptAlias and so forth. but so far no luck.  My httpd error log says
> "[Tue Aug 12 08:40:39 2003] [crit] (98)Address already in use:
> make_sock: could not bind to port 80".
> I have included a copy of the Koha part of httpd.conf below...

the "could not bind to port 80" means you try to use port 80 twice.
Search elsewhere in your httpd.conf, and you should find another
<Directory></Directory>. In mdk, it's in commonhttpd.conf, file that is
included by the "true" httpd.conf.

>   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/opac/ /usr/local/koha/opac/cgi-bin/

Your directory /usr/local/koha/opac/cgi-bin/ should point to some .pl
files, including opac-main.pl
If it's not the case, then it's the problem !

--
Paul POULAIN