[Koha] Installing Koha 2 on Mandrake 9.1

Robert Maynord maynord at terracom.net
Wed Aug 13 02:28:51 NZST 2003

Dear Koha Folks:

Our school library has been using Koha for a year now.  Recently, the
Z3950 tool stopped working, and I decided it was time to begin looking
at Koha version 2.  On a different machine, I successfully  installed
Koha 2, but am having trouble getting it to run.  When I connect to koha
in the web browser (Mozilla), it quickly displays the "Welcome to Koha"
message, but then says "The requested URL /cgi-bin/opac/opac-main.pl was
not found on this server."  I have played with httpd.conf and with the
Koha index.html file, changing ScriptAlias and so forth. but so far no
luck.  My httpd error log says "[Tue Aug 12 08:40:39 2003] [crit]
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to port 80".

I have included a copy of the Koha part of httpd.conf below...

I thought someone might see an obvious problem that I have missed.  Any
suggestions?
(Thanks!)
Robert Maynord
******************************************(httpd.conf)********************************
Port 8080
Listen *:8080
Port 80
Listen *:80

# KOHA's OPAC Configuration
<VirtualHost library1.ihm-school.org:80>
   ServerAdmin rmaynord at ihm-school.org
   DocumentRoot /usr/local/koha/opac/htdocs
   ServerName library1.ihm-school.org
   ServerPath /usr/local/koha/
   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/opac/ /usr/local/koha/opac/cgi-bin/
   ErrorLog /usr/local/koha/log/opac-error_log
   TransferLog /var/www/library/koha/log/opac-access_log
   SetEnv PERL5LIB /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules
   SetEnv KOHA_CONF /etc/koha.conf
   Options +Includes
   AddHandler server-parsed .html
</VirtualHost>

<Directory /usr/local/koha/opac/htdocs>
AllowOverride None
Options +Includes -FollowSymLinks -Indexes
AddHandler server-parsed .html
Allow from all
</Directory>

# KOHA's INTRANET Configuration
<VirtualHost library1.ihm-school.org:8080>
   ServerAdmin rmaynord at ihm-school.org
   DocumentRoot /usr/local/koha/intranet/htdocs
   ServerName library1.ihm-school.org
   ServerPath /usr/local/koha/
   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/intranet/ /usr/local/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/
   ErrorLog /usr/local/koha/log/koha-error_log
   TransferLog /usr/local/koha/log/koha-access_log
   SetEnv PERL5LIB /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules
   SetEnv KOHA_CONF /etc/koha.conf
   Options +Includes
   AddHandler server-parsed .html
</VirtualHost>

<Directory /usr/local/koha/intranet/htdocs>