[Koha] 2.0.0pre2 bugs and questions

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Aug 7 21:58:58 NZST 2003

T & J Kotula wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Sorry again for not using Bugzilla....

shame on you :-)

> I seem to be striking quite a number of bugs. Am I doing something wrong?

yes : you don't enter them on bugzilla.

> 1. When adding members, card number is not checked for being unique.

> 3. When adding items, barcode is not checked for being unique.
> 3. When trying to issue a Reserved book and clicking 'NO' to "Allow
> issue?", displays "Set reserve for Member to waiting and transfer to
> Library". Clicking either "Yes" or "No" takes me back to "Allow
> issue?". There seems to be no way out of this cycle.
> 4. When trying to issue a non-returned book and clicking 'YES' to
> "Allow issue?", it correctly lends the book out, but there is no "Due
> Date" shown for this item.
> 5. Once there is a book with a repeated bar-code number, issuing a
> couple of books (not necessarily the one with a repeated bar-code
> number) gets Koha totally confused, by incorrectly duplicating some
> entries:

OK for 1 to 5 => entered on bugzilla.

> 6. Clicking on the "Bar Code" link from "Todays Issues", generates
> 'Object Expected', lines 214 and 258 errors of circ/circulation.pl
> 7. Clicking on the "payment" link generates 'Object Expected', lines
> 144 error of circ/circulation.pl
> 8. Clicking on the "memeber's card number" link generates 'Object
> Expected', lines 142 error of circ/circulation.pl
> 9. maint/catmaintain.pl seems to be an empty page

can't reproduce those 4, i make nothing with them. Explain more (on
bugzilla :-) )

> 10. Should acqui.simple/addbiblio.pl MARK table have entries for
> categories 3 to 9?

what do you mean by categories ? do you mean tabs (the tabs on top of
screen). If you mean tabs, thent it's not a bug, it's MARC21 default
parameter that is done like this. We will surely use NPL default MARC21
setup.

> Minor ones:
> 1. acqui.simple/additem.pl and MARCdetail.pl menu font size smaller
> than on all other pages.

fixed recently (in CVS only for instance).

> 2. When adding a new biblio with
> acqui.simple/addbiblio.pl?isbn=123456789, PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION's
> subitems are in order a, b, c, f. However when editing an existing
> biblio with acqui.simple/addbiblio.pl?oldbiblionumber=123, PHYSICAL
> DESCRIPTION's subitems are in a different order f, a, b, c.

yes. That's an unsolvable problem. Won't explain why here too deeply,
but it's due to the fact that in MARC21, the "legal" order for a given
field can be $a$f$c. So, when editing an existing biblio, when $a$f$c is
here but $e is not, where should we put blank $e ? if $a$f is there,
where should we put blank $c & blank $e ? The solution will be to enable
subfield up & subfield down option.

> Suggestions:
> 1. Would be very nice if circulation pages used focus() and TABINDEX.
> This way one could issue books with just scanning and a TAB key.

good idea.

> 2. Would be nice to have an default option for either 'MARC search' or
> 'Quick search'.

what should they be ? something like 1st field = title, 2nd
field=author, 3rd field=itemtype ?

--
Paul POULAIN