[Koha] Modifications in PHP?

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Aug 5 02:25:56 NZST 2003

Owen Leonard <oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us> wrote:
> Yeah, I hear some Toyota owners are bad drivers, so I'll never drive a Toyota
> myself.

If they are bad drivers because they have the gearstick in the boot, maybe
your analogy holds ;-)  Perl is only going to get real macros in Perl
6 and PHP still misses other features.  Replies to this off-list, please.
Let's not get too analogous/technical here.

> There are a couple advantages to some of us figuring out how to do it ourselves
> in PHP.  [...]

Don't forget, I already agreed there were some advantages and I agree
with the ones you point out, but I suspect you can already do most
of them with PHP's ability to open URLs and some templates for koha.
To do better than that I think you need to add a command-line interface
or extend the standard C4::Template, which I'm not sure koha will do in
the feature freeze before 2.0.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://slef@jabber.at
Thought: Edwin A Abbott wrote about trouble with Windows in 1884