[Koha] Record doesn't exists on V2.0.0

robweir at alum.drexel.edu robweir at alum.drexel.edu
Sun Jul 27 01:55:09 NZST 2003

Hi Lucia and Rahayu:
I want to test the MARC import with my install on windows, but haven't had a
chance yet. I assume you are testing with a blank data set? I've discovered
the blank data supplied with the 2.0.0 pre2 may be missing a couple fields
in the tables -> I think the field 'encoding' varchar(40) may be missing in
the marc_breeding table and the field syntax varchar(40) may be missing in
z3950_servers table. These fields were added back in version 1.9.2 and I
assumed the updatedatabase script would add the missing fields, but it does
not. The missing field in the breeding table might be causing your import to
fail. I think the sample data in the windows install may even have bigger
problems. Does anyone have a good set of sample data we could include in an
install??

The best idea might be to start fresh and recreate a blank set of data using
the latest koha.mysql you can find (maybe get the latest from CVS) and then
run the latest updatedatabase on that to be sure all the marc tables are
added. Then setup and verify all your marc linking and see if that doesn't
fix the import. For others on the list - are there any other required steps
for configuring a clean set of data?

I plan to try what I just suggested myself with some sample MARC records I
got from the LC website, but am leaving in a few minutes for a family
vacation at the beach. I'll be back in about five days and will try it then.
Good luck in the meantime, and maybe some others on the list can give you
some assistance in the mean time.

Rob