[Koha] data import question - a few more thoughts

Bigwood, David Bigwood at lpi.usra.edu
Sat Jul 26 03:38:23 NZST 2003

Steven,

Most of this I agree with 100%. Well said, it diserves better distribution.

However putting copy information into 037 is not the way I'd go. It is not
easy to distinguish the different information for different copies there.
Also, if we take a FRBR approach 037 seems to apply to the expression but
acquisition information belongs at the item level.

Field 876 seems a better choice. That would tie the donated copy from 1999
to one item and the 1998 copy costing 45.00 from a particular fund with
another copy.

Sincerely,
David Bigwood
bigwood at lpi.usra.edu