[Koha] 2.0.0pre2 bugs and questions

T & J Kotula tjkotula at paradise.net.nz
Wed Jul 23 20:02:42 NZST 2003

Hi everyone,

Sorry again for not using Bugzilla....
I seem to be striking quite a number of bugs. Am I doing something wrong?

System RH8, Koha 2.0.0pre2

1. When adding members, card number is not checked for being unique.
2. When adding items, barcode is not checked for being unique.
3. When trying to issue a Reserved book and clicking 'NO' to "Allow issue?", displays "Set reserve for Member to waiting and transfer to Library". Clicking either "Yes" or "No" takes me back to "Allow issue?". There seems to be no way out of this cycle.
4. When trying to issue a non-returned book and clicking 'YES' to "Allow issue?", it correctly lends the book out, but there is no "Due Date" shown for this item.
5. Once there is a book with a repeated bar-code number, issuing a couple of books (not necessarily the one with a repeated bar-code number) gets Koha totally confused, by incorrectly duplicating some entries:

                  Todays Issues
Due Date   Bar Code   Title              Author              Class
18/07/2003 L19999895  This book's title  This book's author
18/07/2003 L19999895  This book's title  This book's author
18/07/2003 L19999895  This book's title  This book's author
24/07/2003 L19999899  Book's title       Book's author

6. Clicking on the "Bar Code" link from "Todays Issues", generates 'Object Expected', lines 214 and 258 errors of circ/circulation.pl
7. Clicking on the "payment" link generates 'Object Expected', lines 144 error of circ/circulation.pl
8. Clicking on the "memeber's card number" link generates 'Object Expected', lines 142 error of circ/circulation.pl
9. maint/catmaintain.pl seems to be an empty page
10. Should acqui.simple/addbiblio.pl MARK table have entries for categories 3 to 9?

Minor ones:
1. acqui.simple/additem.pl and MARCdetail.pl menu font size smaller than on all other pages.
2. When adding a new biblio with acqui.simple/addbiblio.pl?isbn=123456789, PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION's subitems are in order a, b, c, f. However when editing an existing biblio with acqui.simple/addbiblio.pl?oldbiblionumber=123, PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION's subitems are in a different order f, a, b, c.

Suggestions:
1. Would be very nice if circulation pages used focus() and TABINDEX. This way one could issue books with just scanning and a TAB key.
2. Would be nice to have an default option for either 'MARC search' or 'Quick search'.

If some of these descriptions do not make sense - ask and I'll try to clarify.

Thanks.

tomasz kotula