[Koha] import question

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Wed Jul 9 16:04:45 NZST 2003

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Chris Cormack wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 11:40:14PM -0400, Derek Dresser said:
> >
> > Now, during the import process of a bunch of USMARC records using
> > bulkmarcimport.pl, should I expect my database to be populated with any items?
> > After doing it, it seems that I get biblios and biblioitems, but no actual
> > items.  Just for fun I created a test "item" that matched one of my biblios and
> > biblioitems, and then searched for it.  It worked great an I got all the
> > relevant info (bar code, etc).  However, it is the only item in my whole
> > database.  ;-(
> >
> Hmm, ill have to defer to the more MARC savvy people on the list. But yes id
> expect you to get at least as many items as you got biblioitems on the import.
>
> Paul ... any ideas?

Actually, this sounds like it's starting to bear on one of the
conversations we're going to be covering tomorrow during the irc meeting.
You're more than welcome to join in (and maybe you'll be able to help us
hammer our the solution to a problem that's affecting a bunch of folks).

If you're interested, we'll be meeting at 3PM EDT in the #koha channel of
irc.koha.co.nz

thanks,
-pate