[Koha] Bar code scanners

Rob & Janet Weir robweir at fastmail.fm
Fri Jul 4 15:30:53 NZST 2003

Thanks for the good information, Albert. Could someone please clarify if it
is possible to turn off the checksum algorithm in koha for item barcodes so
that we can do as Albert suggests and use barcodes without a checksum digit?

 I see a setting for checkdigit in system preferences, but the description
seems to indicate it affects only the member number. There is another
setting in system preferences for autoBarcode. Could someone please explain
what that does? Does that just automatically generate the next number in
sequence using koha's algorithm as you add new items?

Thanks, Rob