[Koha] Some doubts

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Thu May 8 16:04:48 NZST 2003

Hi

>  1. Aquisitions Module. I have set into System Preferences Aquisitions
> to normal and don't see any changes, I mean that in older versions of
> Koha from this place I could access to biblio or biblio items under
> Catalogue Maintainance. I suppose this is replaced by MARC option
> isn't it? In a lot of places of the software are references that
> indicates to go to Acquisition...

Im working on this, :) So there will be 3 acquisitions modules.
Simple acquisitions with MARC, simple acquisitions without MARC, and full
Acquistions (which does the budgets, bookfunds, ordering etc)
Im about halfway through the Simple non marc system. The simple MARC system
works AFAIK, and the full acquisitions has some bugs which are being worked
on.

>  2. I have set MARC OFF and don't see any changes. From MARC/Biblio
> I could access to MARC records only, I could access to biblio record from
> the OPAC but could not add for example an item. From MARC option I could
> access to MARC (that don't works) and items but could not add an item (see
> below).

Ahh ive fixed this one in CVS, so 1.9.3 should include this fix when its out.

>  3. MARC Module. If I try to edit a record only could access to groups
> 0XX, 1XX y 2XX the rest are blank and the data is not filled in fields and no
> Javascript/Perl or Apache error is reported...
>
> I'm using MARC::Record 0.93. If I try to add Items from this screen
> the system looks like adding items but are not related to the biblio
> record. I could see that MARC structure is complete, I mean that are all
> the fields for MARC21 (2XX,3XX,4XX, etc) from System Preferences.

Hmm not sure about this one, ill leave this one to someone more MARC
knowledgeable.

>  4. Aquisitions. I could not add a supplier, simply adding it does
> nothing. I have to touch something like deleting an input field in
> orders.tmpl for accessing. Only could access biblio from here. Idem
> for an order.

Yep, this is a bug, it should be fixed for 1.9.3

>  5. Somebody could explain me the use of ethnicity (sorry I'm trying
> to translate to spanish and don't understand the meaning and use) and
> the utility of the option Virtual Shelves?

Ahh ethnicity, HLT (Horowhenua Library Trust) use the ethnicity data to
store things which people commonly (and wrongly) refer to as race.
For example they collect whether the borrower considers themselves to be
Maori, European/Pakeha, Pacific Islander, etc.
The idea is this should be a voluntary field, im aware that in some
countries you arent allowed to collect this information.

>  6. I've seen that anybody could place a request, that is anybody that isn't
> identified for example. In the other hand I've seen that when I try to make an
> issue of a book that has request, Koha makes an advice indicating that this
> book has requests, and prompts if I wish to delete the request. But the process
> enters in a loop, I mean after all the answers continues with the first
> question of the set...

Yep, thats a bug. A place to check if there are known bugs is bugs.koha.org
(our bug reporting tool) and if you cant find the bug there, feel free to
report it there.

> Well, that's all. I'm trying to test if all this things are happening in this
> Koha version or could have something in my deploy that is not working OK.

Nope unfortunately those are all legitimate bugs :)
But the good news is we are working on fixing them all :)

Chris

027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz