[Koha] Barcode info needed

Bigwood, David Bigwood at lpi.usra.edu
Tue May 6 09:26:46 NZST 2003

George,

The library standard is Codabar. The bar code is structured with the 1st
digit being a 3 for books, a 2 for patrons. The next 4 numbers are the
institution code. Once an agency tracked them, but now just pick any 4
numbers. The remaining are the item number. The last digit can be a check
digit. Not sure if Koha can calculate checksums.

Material  Institution  Item #    Check digit
3         1111       00012345   9

BarCode-1 is the place to go to find out about bar codes. Standards, news, a
bulletin board, shareware, and links are available. There are no products
for sale, only unbiased information.
http://www.adams1.com/pub/russadam/barcode1.html

Sincerely,
David Bigwood