[Koha] Koha - need help

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Thu Apr 10 15:11:23 NZST 2003

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 02:32:37PM +1200, Bernadette Cassidy said:
> Kia ora,

Kia ora Bernedatte,
e pehea ana koe?

> We've recently installed Koha in our library and are in the process of
> familiarizing ourselves. Have looked at the Librarian's manual and I
> have a couple of questions.
>
> 1.	Subject authority files, receiving message that subject 'does
> not exist in authority file and click submit to force the subject' ??!!

The way that the authority file works at the moment is best explained by
thinking of it as a virtual authority file. If you try to add a subject that
doesnt currently exist, it will squeal. This is just a simple check to
hopefully catch typo's etc.
Work is being down to formalise the authority files and build in the
concepts of SEE Instead, etc.

> 2.	Material formats - i.e. CD ROMs, videos, journals, books - how
> are these set?

Which version of Koha have you installed version 1.2.3?

Chris

027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz