[Koha] Authority file?

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Thu Apr 3 16:40:42 NZST 2003

Hi

> can anyone tell me whether Koha has an authority file for name and subject? When
> you're cataloguing an item, is there a place to enter a name or subjecy in an
> authority list for search purposes?

I think that there is for subjects - but I don't think so for names.  I'm not a
librarian, so hopefully I've understood the question properly.

There is certainly a list of subjects, that the system checks agains - I'm not
sure if you can just "Make up" new ones, I think not.  I don't think there is
the same things for names

Cheers

Rachel Hamilton-Williams             Katipo Communications
WEBMISTRESS                          ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz           PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz              New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org