[Koha] General Introduction

Luke Ottrey luke at purplelion.net
Wed Mar 19 13:04:08 NZST 2003

Dear All,

Thought that I should introduce myself to the community -
My name is Luke Ottrey and operate a small IT-consultancy in Melbourne,
Australia.
I am currently studying at university in the "Bachelor of Multimedia
Business Computing" at Monash University, Berwick.

My approach to Koha is with a view of implementing it in the Victorian
education sectors - in particular with my current primary & secondary school
contacts.

I would be extremely keen to learn of any deployments of Koha particularly
in Victoria, Australia - and if there are any other education (school,
university) institutions that may not have deployed Koha yet - but who are
considering doing so.

Also, many thanks to Adam of Strategic Data for his brief run down of how
his company has implemented Koha in the past - your assistance was greatly
appreciated.

As a brief background to myself, my company has strategic alliances with
many of the major Internet carriers in Australia, provide internet access,
also consulting with both the education and logistic industries (freight
forwarders, shipping companies) and am currently involved with developing an
extensive logistics platform for a company.

Looking forward to working with you all.

Luke Ottrey
Purple Lion IT Solutions

Web: www.purplelion.net
Ph: 0408 675 648  Fax: +61 3 9886 7349