[Koha] AND searches, etc.

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Feb 5 06:02:44 NZDT 2003

Owen Leonard wrote:

>I can't remember if this has been covered before:  Can the Koha opac support
>'AND' searches?  A lot of us here are very attached to our 'Advanced Search'
>page, and I think we'd like to be able to duplicate most or all of its
>functionality in our Koha installation:

Hi, Owen,

In the TODAY-coming version 1.9.0, there is a 1st draft of the future
MARC search.
You can do AND, OR, NOT with =, >, <, >=, <=, starts, and contain searches.
I've put only 3 differents lines in my code, but it should be upgraded
to 5 or more (modify template, it should work)
This search is only in librarian interface (clic on "catalogue search"
on main menu")

In the 1.9.1 version, i'll add a field in MARC parameter table. This
field will be filled to say if the MARC field is "opac-visible" or
"opac-hidden".

As a result, it will be really close from your advanced search :

--
Paul POULAIN