[Koha] AND searches, etc.

Owen Leonard oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Wed Feb 5 08:38:22 NZDT 2003

I can't remember if this has been covered before:  Can the Koha opac support
'AND' searches?  A lot of us here are very attached to our 'Advanced Search'
page, and I think we'd like to be able to duplicate most or all of its
functionality in our Koha installation:

http://www.athenscounty.lib.oh.us/advanced.html

Another thing I've been thinking about is the setting in the Koha opac search
for 'normal' or 'exact' searching.  Our system has a couple of other options,
including 'phrase' and 'browse':

http://www.athenscounty.lib.oh.us/title.html

Keyword searches have the disadvantage of returning a lot more hits than you
want.  I like 'browse' because it allows you to see a list of items beginning
with a search string.

Does Koha or can Koha be made to do these things?

-- Owen