[Koha] some thoughts about cataloguing and acquisition (important)

Regula Sebastiao reseba at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 20 19:13:08 NZDT 2003

hello again

just one clarification... and maybe i seem to contradict myself, but i
feel it's important to add this precision.
when i said that i thought that there should be only one database, i was
thinking only of marc records and how "records for acquisitions" could fit
into a marc-record based koha. thus the thing about a different status
like "on order" indeed.

i was not thinking of the "other" format, i.e. the original format koha
offers as well, which is used in hlt at present. and i do fully agree that
there should be a "complete non marc version", especially for libraries
who wish to keep their data entries simple. there are libraries who have
different needs, and many of them do not have the wish or need to
import/exort records. especially smaller libraries will probably not gain
much by importing data, but more when having a simple cataloguing
procedure as it is the case at present.

in my mind, a library chooses at installation of koha one or the other
format (marc or non-marc) and sticks to it, and a switch to the other
version would mean major changes...

greetings, Regula

 --- "Albert P. Calame" <albert.p.calame at sympatico.ca> wrote: > Greetings
All!