[Koha] MARC Import?

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Sat Jan 18 04:02:30 NZDT 2003

Mathias Indermühle a écrit:

> Thanks for fast reply
>
>> So i hope that NOBODY uses it in real life :-)
>
> I know that this version is unstable.. but i realy miss the
> information in the INSTALL file, or informations about what features
> works and which non. (Z3950)

z39.50 is broken in 1.3.3

>> Ok, it does not work. Can you explain us what happends ?
>
> am, there was a just the message back that the file i try to import
> isn't a MARC Format or that there no ISBN number..

so, not a perl problem.
I think it's because you choose to upload a MARCsomething file and
choose during install a MARCotherthing parameter table.
If that's the problem, thent it's not a bug :
for example, in UNIMARC, the ISBN is in the 010a column.
Maybe in your MARC flavour it's somewhere else.
Note also that in 1.3.3 you can only upload MARC files where biblios
have an ISBN. Oldest biblios doesn't. An extended feature in development
will improve this.

Last, the import just import a MARC file in "breeding farm", which is a
place where the biblio waits to be added to the "living" db (= when you
buy an item)
If you plan to import your previous db (= with items...), then... you'll
have to wait a little, as the script doing this is badly broken in 1.3.3.

>> Did you install from a fresh server or from a previously installed
>> koha 1.2.x ?
>> Do you know how to completly remove a previous version ?
>
> First i Install 1.2.2.. but i can't get the Z3950 Import to run, and
> then the Version 1.3.3 released and i notice that u worked on this
> Part so i thought i try this. An then i get back to the 1.2.2.
> Everytime i drop the whole Koha Database, delete the C4 directory,
> chanche the Path of the Koha files (intranet and opac) save my
> httpd.conf and delete the koha.conf file ( i think thats everything )
> the first time i installed the system manually (1.2.2 and 1.3.3)
> because i run Koha on Suse Linux 8.1. (this is why i miss the Install
> file :-) )

ok, that's right !

hope this helps

--