[Koha] Re: MARC support

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Jan 15 22:27:21 NZDT 2003

Joshua Brindle a écrit:

> Wow!, that would be the perfect thing to be in the installation docs :\

In fact, it's the perfect thing to test during the installation process.
I'll fix this for 1.9.0

> seriously, i didn't even think to check CPAN for the module, i assumed
> it was part of Koha.
> Thanks a lot...
>
> Also, do you guys think that koha can handle my library? 90000 books,
> maybe a dozen librarians and a couple thousand patrons? I'd have to
> make it authenticate to LDAP rather that mysql but that should be
> trivial... Thanks again

Without any problems (if you don't plan to install it on a Pentium 100
server :-) )
About LDAP : others also ask for this.
the management team plans to :
* release 2.0 with authentification as it is, through mysql tables.
* add differents auth methods in the 2.1 or 2.2 version

--
Paul POULAIN