[Koha] I am trying to pull the ISBN out of the UPC on the back of the book! So I will

Stephen Hedges shedges at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Thu Jan 9 06:48:42 NZDT 2003

Paul is correct, most barcode readers, other than the most inexpensive
barwands, are programmable.  They should come with a booklet (manual) full of
special barcodes you can scan to program the  reader to do all sorts of fancy
things, including ignoring digits at either end of the barcode, sending (or not
sending) return characters at the end of the scan, etc.  If you don't have the
manual for your reader, whoever sold it to you should be able to supply it,
often by e-mailing it as a pdf file.  We have many readers running around in
our libraries, but each different reader requires different programming
barcodes, so you really will need to get the correct manual.

Stephen Hedges