[Koha] proprietary integration

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Fri Nov 29 11:57:40 NZDT 2002

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Adam Thick wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I've recently been looking into sitting opac on top of a proprietary
> system, DB text.  If anyone has any ideas or information I'd be happy to
> hear about them. My intitial reaction to doing something like this was
> to create something in perl that syncs up DB text and KOHA by dumping
> the records into MARC and automatically uploading them to the KOHA db.
>  But I'm happy to investigate other alternatives if others have had
> success? I'm also happy to hear any horror stories.

I do exactly this in a couple of schools.  The librarians export their
data in MARC format and put it in their home directory on the school
server.  A script checks for new MARC records periodically and imports
them into Koha if it finds them.  The big thing that gets lost is
circulation information.

Steve.