[Koha] Can't modify records

Jim Thomas jthomas at bittware.com
Wed Nov 20 06:49:02 NZDT 2002

Hi,

My wife is the volunteer librarian at a small private school.  I had
been meaning to set up Koha for nearly two years, but lacked the time.
I finally recruited a friend to pitch in.  I gave him a dedicated box,
and he installed Debian+Koha.  I have plenty of experience with RedHat,
so Debian is a new experience for me.  He installed Koha 1.2.2.

We are seeing two problems with the box.  First, the koha web pages take
a loooong time to load.  I suspect this is a DNS problem, but I'm not
sure.  I do not have a DNS entry for the box yet, because it's still on
a private lan, and I'm relying on our ISP for DNS service.  We're trying
to access Koha from the machine on which it is installed.

The second problem is enough to make my wife question the feasibility of
using Koha - after she enters a new book into the catalog, she cannot
modify it to correct any typos.  She finds the modify page OK, but the
machine just ignores the modify button.  The cursor doesn't change when
she positions it over the button - it's as if shes clicking a
non-button.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.  Sorry for the lack of
details, but I don't have access to the box right now.

jthomas at bittware.com  http://www.bittware.com          (703) 779-7770
The secret to enjoying your job is to have a hobby that's even worse
  - Calvin's Dad