[Koha] two questions (dewey and z3950)

Derek Dresser Derek.Dresser at gouldacademy.org
Fri Oct 18 14:24:46 NZDT 2002

Quoting Derek Dresser <dresserd at gouldacademy.org>:

> Quoting Derek Dresser <Derek.Dresser at gouldacademy.org>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've got a couple of questions about my recent Koha install.
> >
> > 1. z3950 searches are not working for me.  I get the following errors in
> my
> >
> > /var/log/koha files.  Any ideas?
> >
> > Event: '?? Connection.pm:138' died and then $Event::DIED died with: Can't
>
> > call method "attributes" without a package or object referenc\
> > e at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/Event.pm line 88, <KC>
> line
> > 20.
> >
> >  at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/Net/Z3950/Manager.pm line
> 220
> > Event: '?? Connection.pm:138' died and then $Event::DIED died with: Can't
>
> > call method "attributes" without a package or object referenc\
> > e at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/Event.pm line 88, <KC>
> line
> > 20.
>
> I figured this one out.  Damn firewall!  ;-)
> Initially, I thought all the z3950 requests were going out on port 210, but
>
> it turns out it is hitting the library of congress on port 7090
>
> still wondering about the dewey decimal numbers.  A little more data.  I
> imported a MARC record from the library of congress and the dewey decimal
> number shows up.  I double checked and all my records have the "dewey"
> field in the database as they should, but it doesn't show up for the rest
> of the books.  are there other fields that are required before the dewey
> number will show up?

Ok, I got this figured out too.  All my biblios imported with a "homebranch" of "MAIN".  I added a branch called "MAIN"  and viola! :-)

The only remaining issue at the moment is when I go to the "moredetail.pl" page, the title and author don't show up.  I'll report back when I get that figured out, unless someone has some hints in the meantime.

As you may have noticed, I don't really mind having a conversation with myself as I figure this stuff out.  Hopefully posting this stuff to the list will help someone else in the future as they go through the same process.

Thanks,
Derek

--
Derek Dresser