[Koha] Installation questions from another Linux/Koha newbie

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Tue Oct 8 05:18:27 NZDT 2002

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Owen Leonard wrote:

> In preparation for our move to Koha, I've got a brand new installation of
> RedHat 7.3 on my desktop.  I installed 1.3.0 using the install-script, and got
> Apache set up fine.  Something's not working right, though--several of the
> pages come up 'Internal Server Error' (book and member searches, for
> instance).
>
> What's the best way to diagnose problems like this? Did I skip some
> configuration somewhere along the way?  Or am I asking for trouble trying to
> get 1.3.0 to work?

Hi Owen,
The best way to look into problems like this is to start out in the
error_log for apache to see what apache thinks is wrong.  It sounds like
you may have missed a step along the way, but that's hard to tell.

You may want to avoid the 1.3.0 series for a bit longer yet (wait for
1.3.2 I'd guess -- Paul?).  It's really geared at developers at this
point.  The good news is that the user visible (and installer bits) are
going to be substantially the same as the 1.2.X versions, so the
experience you gain in setting up and demoing things will carry over.

Also, I've CC:d the koha-devel list on this.  When troubleshooting
problems, it often a good idea to try involving them.  Another good
approach is to jump onto the #koha channel at irc.katipo.co.nz and see if
anyone is there who can help.

thanks,
-pate