[Koha] One day to go to get this running on Windows

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Tue Aug 6 00:00:11 NZST 2002

On Sun, 4 Aug 2002 georgejenner at belgacom.net wrote:

> I think I'm close but I have to show it running on Tuesday.
>
> I've not got apache loading the main page on my intranet but everthing
> I link to in a different directory gives me  a "not found" error.
>
> The link seems to be pointing to a place where the script files are,
> but they obviously don't run.  Is there an obvious cause for this or do
> I just start again.  I know it won't work if I do, but I've spent too
> much time to give up now.

Could you anser some extra questions up front?
 1) which version are you installing (1.2.2 I hope)?
 2) are you using the install script, or doing things by hand?
 3) do you have access to irc?  (you can join the channel at
    irc.katipo.co.nz on #koha and talk with some of us in real-time.)
 4) what kind of server are you running?

> Is there anything else I need to do in the apache config that's not
> noted on the install page.  The install script for linux shows more
> complicated changes being made.

I think that the install page has lagged behind the install script at this
point.  the script is really 'the right way to go' at this point.

> Do virtual hosts have to be running properly or can I just link to it
> using http://localhost??=

Unless you've really done some hard work installing it by hand, you're
probably going to need to use virtual hosts.

> Any ideas anyone?

Let's see where we end up with the questions so far ... I think we can get
this running for you.

-pate