[Koha] Winning the battle..SUCCESS

Pete Dubler pete at dublerfamily.com
Wed Jun 19 12:43:04 NZST 2002

Pat Eyler wrote:

> Judging from these, I wonder if a) you have the database set up, or b)
> have the proper password in the configuration file.
>
> thanks,
> -pate

Pat,

I think I got it working.  I think there might be a bug in here that sets up
koha.conf different from what the script is using for passwords.

Here is what I did, for those who see similar problems in the future:

Here is what I checked based on your question:

1. sqlshow indicated that the database Koha exists
2. /etc/koha.conf reads as follows:
database=Koha
hostname=localhost
user=koha
password=kohaadmin
includes=/var/www/koha/htdocs/includes

3.  I re-did the grant for Koha in mysql as:

grant all privileges on Koha.* tokoha at localhost identified by 'kohaadmin';

Still no joy.  Here is the error log from first trying "circulation" then
trying "administration" from the main Koha screen.

[Tue Jun 18 18:30:02 2002] [error] [client 192.168.1.5] Premature end of
script headers: /var/www/koha/cgi-bin/circ/circulation.pl
DBI->connect(Koha:localhost) failed: Access denied for user: 'koha at localhost'
(Using password: NO) at /var/www/koha/modules/C4/Database.pm line 41
Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at
/var/www/koha/modules/C4/Search.pm line 62, <KC> line 5.

[Tue Jun 18 18:30:11 2002] [error] [client 192.168.1.5] Premature end of
script headers: /var/www/koha/cgi-bin/loadmodules.pl

The first error log entry still indicates that access to the database is being
denied as you pointed out earlier.
Pat, the fact that this says "Using password:NO" would indicate that no
password was attempted.  Now as I looked at the script Database.pm I saw the
following:

$pass=$configfile{'pass'};

Now, /etc/koha.conf has a line that says:

password=kohaadmin

So, I thought maybe it needs to say:

pass=kohaadmin

Tried that ... and ... IT WORKS!!!

So, where is the bug and how come so many folks got away without seeing it
before me?

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL OF THE HELP CHRIS AND PAT.

Best regards,

Pete Dubler