[Koha] Winning the battle...except CDK-Perl

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Tue Jun 18 11:26:59 NZST 2002

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Pete Dubler wrote:

> Chris,
>
> If I read your message correctly, the curses stuff is only for using
> circulation stuff via telnet, which I don't need to do.  So, I will once
> again focus on the web version.

Pete,
while it's good to hear that this won't be stopping you, I hope that we'll
soon have a telnet version of circ for those that would prefer it.

> Here is a tail of the log file.  I
> can't seem to get into the acquistions or circulation areas via the
> web.  So, as such, I can't populate the database and know if anything
> else really works.

This is less happy news.  I'm sure that between us, we'll get it nailed
though.  THanks for sticking with us.

> I have searched the archives for "premature" and only find people asking
> questions, but no solution to this problem.  Can you help?

'Premature end of script headers' typically means that the script failed
to run properly.  In fact, as you follow along the trail, you'll see that
this is exactly what happens:

> Thanks,
>
> Pete  (error log tail follows)
>
> ##########
>
> [Mon Jun 17 11:54:40 2002] [error] [client 192.168.1.5] Premature end of
> script headers: /var/www/koha/cgi-bin/loadmodules.pl

this bit says (roughly)  the loadmodules.pl script failed to run
correctly.

> DBI->connect(Koha:localhost) failed: Access denied for user:
> 'kohaadmin at localhost' (Using password: NO) at
> /var/www/koha/modules/C4/Database.pm line 41

It couldn't get access to the Koha database on the local system using the
kohaadmin at localhost user and no password (line 41 of the Database.pm
module used by the script).

> Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at
> /var/www/koha/modules/C4/Search.pm line 62, <KC> line 5.

It also couldn't 'prepare' a non-existant thing (this should be the
database connection -- called a handle) at line 62 of Search.pm called by
the script.

Judging from these, I wonder if a) you have the database set up, or b)
have the proper password in the configuration file.

thanks,
-pate