[Koha] Winning the battle...except CDK-Perl

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Tue Jun 18 09:39:54 NZST 2002

On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 07:33, Pete Dubler wrote:
> Well, I seem to be winning the install battle (18 hours of work later),
> but now I am stuck on just one thing:

What was the problem with it not finding the modules? Were they in a dir
that perl wasnt checking?

> - finding a good copy of cdk perl extensions for redhat 7.1.  (can I use
> CPAN?  what is the exact incantation?)
>   (the refered to download sites will not download a clean copy for some
> reason)
>
> I have searched all of the koha letter archives and googled myself to
> the point of googling trying to find an rpm or other usable cdk perl
> (can't find one on my redhat cds, could it be there?)
>
> Any pointers would be appreciated.  (Perhaps I will contribute a more
> complete install "cookbook" style instruction sheet when I am done).

That would be great, Unfortunately I can't help with an rpm of the cdk
modules.
I remember that installing them involved quite a bit of monkeying
around. I did it by downloading
http://www.vexus.ca/release/CDK/cdk.tar.gz and installing it, then
http://www.vexus.ca/release/CDK/cdkperl.tar.gz

Ill go look on the machine that its installed on, and see if i can spot
how i did it.

If there is still demand for a curses, or slang etc based interface, I
can get a rewrite of the CDK dependant scripts to use something else,
put onto the todo list.

But since the web based circulations came online, its been kinda
ignored.

Sorry I cant be of more help.

Chris
Chris Cormack                                      chris at katipo.co.nz
Programmer                                                025 500 579
Katipo Communications                                www.katipo.co.nz